Amid the rising of innovative technological methods in the eCommerce industry, Progressive Web App development is becoming the top choice of businesses thanks to its distinctive qualities. Many people usually wonder about PWA development costs and what factors they should consider when investing in this software.
To start with, PWA stands for Progressive Website App that is a modern technology combining the best features of a website and a native app. Therefore, it is safe to say that PWA excels in delivering better experiences for users. But how much do businesses need to integrate this excellent technique into their websites? This article will help answer the question.
1/ Advantages Of PWA Development
Progressive web apps can provide businesses with numerous benefits that cannot be found on regular websites.
Its core highlighted features include but are not limited to:
- High responsiveness
- Speedy page load
- Offline operation
- App-like features such as push notifications
Besides, it offers a surprisingly low development cost compared to building a whole new native app. The time-saving development process is also a plus point.
These significant benefits can help business owners and merchants sky-rocket their conversion rate and user engagement on their websites. In addition, they play a key role in saving a great deal of money and time during the development process.
2/ PWA Development Cost Estimation
The price to develop a PWA is roughly estimated at around $1,000 to $50,000 based on the complexity level.
There are commonly two most popular PWA development solutions, which are using ready-made templates and using custom PWA development services.
PWA themes often cost around $500 to $1,000 and some PWA providers even offer free templates. However, in order to make these themes work, businesses will usually have to pay a bit more for installation.
Meanwhile, the custom development services take business at least $10,000 and the price can go up to around $50,000. Due to the specific requests of business owners and merchants on design like layouts and improved features or added functions, the PWA development cost gap can become huge.
3/ How To Invest Effectively In PWA Development
A lot of things should be taken into consideration before business owners decide to build a PWA. First and foremost, they need to pay attention to these factors:
- The original web platform
- The expected design for the PWA storefront
- The functions included in the PWA
- The budget
Bearing in mind those factors, merchants now need to identify their preferences: using available PWA themes or developing a bespoke PWA. These two options share some similarities in their qualities but still differ from each other in many aspects.
Ready-to-use PWA templates
- Low cost (0-$2,000)
- Key PWA features included: high responsiveness, app-like feeling, connectivity independence, etc.
- Quick installation process: The process takes place within days to fully complete.
- Flexible customization: These themes can be customized according to unique needs and come along with an additional cost.
- Lack of diversity: This option only incorporates popular platforms like Magento, Shopify, or WordPress.
- Compulsory design change: Businesses can’t keep the original website design once they choose PWA templates.
Generally, small and medium businesses with modest budgets should invest in this option because of its low cost yet high efficiency.
Custom PWA development
- Match all requirements: Whatever businesses need for their PWA, this service can fully meet their demand.
- Design maintenance: Merchants and business owners can keep their original website designs.
- High cost ($10,000-50,000)
- Long development procedure: It can take weeks for businesses to finally bring their PWA development into use.
On the whole, this option is only suitable for large businesses with high demand for authenticity and profession. They are more likely to afford thousands of dollars on PWA development.
Everybody acknowledges that Progressive Web App brings about a lot of advantages for businesses. However, before investing in it, merchants should dig in related information to choose the option that is the most cost-effective.
Thorough consideration will help merchants and business owners save a great deal of money when integrating PWA into their websites. As a matter of fact, over expenditure will only do more harm than good for businesses.