Linksys RE4000W setup is the perfect option for increasing the wireless network range. Victony extender is a dual band wireless extender that lowers the disconnectivity of your wifi network. The best network range is provided, and all dead zones are covered. There are two ways to set up a Linksys RE4000W extender: manually or using a WPS push button.
This blog provides information on the Linksys extender configuration.
Linksys RE4000W setup via manual method
To finish the setup, follow the instructions given below:
- First, put your router and extender in the same space.
- Make sure your extension receives 50% of the signal from your router.
- Turn on your extension and router in the following step.
- Your LED light turns on solid green in a few seconds.
- Take your smartphones, laptops, and other smart devices and connect them to the extender.
- Since they instantly link with your devices, you don’t need to input the password on the first try.
- Only when they indicated no internet should you launch your web browser.
- Now type extender.linksys.com into the search box of your web browser.
- then enter your login credentials, including your password.
- Click on the newly configured extension now.
- Rebooting your extender for 15 to 20 seconds follows these procedures.
- Connect your devices to the extender as the last step.
In this manner you can do Linksys extender setup easily.
How do I configure my Linksys RE4000W extender using WPS?
These are some of the steps to Linksys RE4000W setup via WPS method:
- First, connect the router and Linksys RE4000W setup to an electrical outlet.
- Your LED lights become stable with time.
- Press and hold the WPS button for 5 seconds.
- When the LED lights on the extension and router cease blinking, your configuration is complete.
- Place your extension thereafter in a new location of your choice.
- The extender’s SSID EXT appears in your wifi list at the final stage, and the password is the same as the router’s password.
How can Linksys RE4000W firmware be updated?
Has your WiFi extender suddenly started behaving badly? Has the Linksys N600 WiFi range extender setup been successful, but it still isn’t providing the desired speed? If so, immediately upgrade the Linksys RE4000W firmware.
The Linksys N600 RE4000W wireless extender’s firmware can be updated using the instructions below:
- Download the most recent Linksys N600 firmware to your computer first.
- Activate the WiFi extender.
- Once finished, launch your preferred web browser on your computer.
- Your Linksys RE4000W extender’s username and password are required to log in.
- After logging in, select Firmware Upgrade from the menu.
- Click the Choose File button after that.
- Select the firmware file that you want to download.
- The Start Upgrade button should be clicked.
- Wait a while for the Linksys N600 RE4000W firmware to properly update.
Linksys RE4000W extender factory reset process
For better network performance, the reset procedure is crucial. But throughout the reset procedure, all of your personal data is erased.
- First, make sure your Linksys RE4000W extender is plugged onto a power source.
- Now locate the extender’s factory reset pinhole.
- Now insert a pointed paper pin into the reset pinhole while holding it there for 15 to 20 seconds.
- The power light on your extension turns amber.
- Watch for the LED to go completely green.
- Follow the offered instruction to reinstall your Linksys RE4000W setup.
Common issues that might facing during the Linksys extender installation
The following list of typical setup, reset, and update process problems on your Linksys RE4000W setup.
- firmware upgrade not possible.
- SSID cannot be changed.
- Although the extender is operational, the Internet is connected.
- IP address not accessible.
- unable to carry out the reset procedure.
- not able to recall the default password.
- The home router is not connected to the extender.
- The extender does not have an Internet connection.
- connectivity disconnectivity
- There is no internet connection to your extension.
- forgot the SSID or the default password.
- The extender is flashing red lights.
- Extender LED lights are always flickering.
- extender.linksys.com isn’t functioning correctly.
Here are some answers to frequent problems. To reduce your typical problems, follow these methods.
- Make sure that the Linksys RE4000W setup is getting the right amount of power from the outlet.
- Check to see if the wall plug is in good condition before plugging in your extender.
- Verify the quality of the internet connection on your extension.
- Check all of the electrical connections now.
- Useless and short-circuited cables should not be used.
- Away from wall corners, fish tanks, cordless phones, etc., place your extender.
- If your mywifiext.net is not working, type the proper url.
- Always use the most recent web browser version.
- Update the firmware to the newest version. Reset the extension to its factory settings.