If you are facing Email or password-related issues in your QuickBooks Desktop, you should visit this article until the end. In this article, we have earmarked all the essential measures to fix QuickBooks email or incorrect password issue. Getting this issue fixed is very important as it prevents you from getting connected to your webmail, thereby putting a complete blockade to sending or accessing your transactions via Email.
Avenues of fixing QuickBooks Email or Incorrect password Issue
Following the troubleshooting procedures contained within the ambit of this section will assist you in fixing the issues related to Email or Incorrect password.
1st Method: Get Updated to the new release
One of the primary potential causes behind the error related to Email or incorrect password can be an out-to-date QuickBooks version. In such cases, it is recommended that you update QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you are already working on QuickBooks Desktop, you should make an exit from it.
- Afterward, hit the Start button and look for QuickBooks Desktop.
- You should also find the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop.
- Right-click the icon and then tap on Run as administrator.
- A window, namely “No Company Open,” pops on your screen.
- Once the QuickBooks Desktop launches, you are supposed to advance to the Help
- From the menu, choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Herein, choose Mark All under Options.
- Afterward, hit on the Save
- From the Update Now section, tick the Reset Update
- When you’re ready, opt for the Get Updates
- When the process of downloading the update culminates, shut down QuickBooks Desktop and restart your PC.
- Reopen QuickBooks, then and then hit on Yes to install the most recent update.
- Finally, send yourself a test transaction to inspect whether the error got resolved.
2nd Method: Configure the Settings in your Email
Popular emailing services like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and others have filter preferences that may block emails from QuickBooks. You are required to check your settings to see if the settings are appropriate.
For Yahoo Mail
- To begin with, Open your Yahoo Mail account and log in.
- Thereafter, visit the page for Yahoo Account Security.
- Herein, you are required to enable two-step verification.
- Additionally, turn on the page’s option to allow apps to sign in using a less secure method.
- Now, to check if the method resolved the QuickBooks Email or Password incorrect issue, launch QuickBooks and send yourself a transaction.
Make use of the Third-Party Passwords Generation Tool for Yahoo:
You might try making use of the third-party app password-generating tool if adjusting security settings does not solve your issue.
- To begin with, you are supposed to visit Yahoo’s Account security page.
- Thereafter, tap on Generate app password.
- You are required to pick QuickBooks from the available apps.
- After choosing QuickBooks, hit on the Generate button.
- After receiving the password for the third-party app, you are required to hit on Done.
- Now, run the QuickBooks Desktop software again and try sending a test transaction via Email.
- Fill out the Password field box with the generated password.
- Conclude the process by hitting on Ok.
Steps to Enable Less Secure Apps Access:
Google disables access to less secure apps by default. There may be a possibility that the error is caused because the less secure apps are disabled. As such, follow the steps below:
- Initially, Log in to your Google Mail account.
- Afterward, head to the App Access for Less Secure.
- Thereafter, you are supposed to permit access to applications with lower security.
- Now, you need to switch to two-step verification.
- Run your Gmail account by signing in.
- Follow up by heading to the Security
- Hit on Turn off to remove the two-step verification.
- Finally, you should delete any saved backup codes you may have used to access your Gmail account.
Set Access Preference for QuickBooks
You may choose which applications to provide access to in Gmail. In Google Mail, you should choose QuickBooks from the list of apps. This can also fix the QuickBooks Email or Password is incorrect issue. Now, send a test transaction via Email to see if the issue gets fixed.
3rd Method: Configure If Your Antivirus Is Blocking QuickBooks Connection-
Applications that fight malware or viruses may interfere with your QuickBooks connection. What you should do is:
- To begin with, you are supposed to verify the antivirus software provider’s website.
- Permit exceptions for particular ports.
- If you are using Yahoo Mail, then you should open port number 465.
- On the other hand, if you are using Gmail and other email service providers, you should consider enabling the port number 587.
- Customers of the McAfee antivirus program should review the Excluded Processes list. Now, add the following names to the list:
QBW32.exe – Drive:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBW32.exe
QBDBMGR.exe – Drive:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgr.exe
QBDBMGRN.exe – \Drive:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgrN.exe
- Finally, launch QuickBooks and email a test transaction to yourself.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Webmail Password Acceptance Issue?
The issue with QuickBooks not accepting my webmail password is simple to fix. The following steps can be used to try and resolve this password error message:
- Initially, you need to run the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, tap on the Close Company option under File.
- You now need to open a sample file.
- You are now supposed to opt for a Company File that you want to access.
- To see if QuickBooks webmail authorization failed, you are supposed to send an email.
Procedure to Match Webmail Preferences with Settings of your email provider
The key to resolving the QuickBooks email or password incorrect issue is making sure that the server name corresponds to the email provider settings. The procedures to fix the QuickBooks webmail password issue are as follows:
- In the beginning, you need to launch the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Afterward, head to Preferences within the Edit
- Then, navigate to the Send Forms
- Opt for the desired email address from My Preferences.
- Then, hit on Edit.
- Opt for Default or tick the SSL
- Check email provider settings against the server name in the Server Name
- You should now consider changing yahoo.com to intuit.smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Finally, hit on Ok to confirm your actions.
You may also read : The types pf SEO Content that will help you rank higher
We hope that this article aided you with all the necessary steps to fix QuickBooks Email or Password is Incorrect issue. Meanwhile, if you need any assistance, you can communicate with our QuickBooks Support Team. We are all always there for your help.