The QuickBooks error code 6147 typically appears when users attempt to open a company data file or while restoring backup files. When Error code 6147 appears, users witness a complete dead stop to all of their QuickBooks accounting operations. While this error may arise due to various reasons, this article shall cover every nook and corner associated with this snag and will make every attempt to rectify QuickBooks error 6147.
Major instigators for QuickBooks Error 6147
A plethora of assorted factors can evoke error 6147 in QuickBooks, the principal ones being discussed below:
- If the QuickBooks company file gets corrupted, then this error may appear on the screen.
- When a backup file from QuickBooks is restored using a network drive.
- This issue may also pop up in case the backup file name is longer than the allotted 210 characters.
- The malfunctioning Windows registry may also cause the issue.
- Incomplete QuickBooks installation can also cause this error.
- This technical fault may result from the incorrect deletion of files that are associated with QuickBooks.
- The error code 6147 may appear as a result of a malicious virus or malware attack.
Easy Solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6147
Below have been elaborately mentioned the appropriate measures for fixing Error code 6147 in QuickBooks.
1st Solution: The QuickBooks File Doctor can help fix the error
Users can use the QuickBooks file Doctor to fix the common technical errors in QuickBooks, including the error code 6147. The procedure to use the same is explained below:
- To begin with, download and install the tool.
- After that, Run the utility and choose the company file which you suspect to be the major source of this error.
- Allow the diagnosis to finish.
- Once the process completes, make an exit from the File Doctor Tool.
- Now, launch QuickBooks, and inspect whether the error got fixed.
2nd Solution: The location of the Backup File should be changed
The following steps need to be adhered to in order to replace the backup file.
- Launch the QuickBooks initially, then head to Utilities from the File menu.
- After that, you should disable Multi-User Hosting on your PC, and then hit on Yes when the subsequent box displays if you see the option to Stop Hosting Multi-User.
- A new window will now open, and you should once more tap on Yes while the company file is closed.
- After that, you are required to restore the backup file.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and then check if QuickBooks error 6147 got fixed.
3rd Solution: Configure Settings of Trend Micro Active Scan
The folder containing the QuickBooks company file needs to be placed aside. Follow the steps below to continue:
- To begin with, locate the folder wherein your company files are located.
- Use the No Company Open window to open the company file.
- Hit on the Ctrl key and then double-click QuickBooks to launch the accounting software.
- After this step, you are required to access the Scan settings of Trend Micro Active Scan and then opt for the folder containing the company file.
- Finally, add it to the exception.
4th Solution: Repair the damaged network and transaction log files
- You are first supposed to visit the folder containing the company files. For that, visit the QuickBooks directory by right-clicking on the desktop icon of QuickBooks and opting for properties. Subsequently, pick the open File location tab.
- Now, locate the Network (.ND) and transaction log files (.TLG) files.
- Now, right-click these files, and then add “old” at the end of the file name.
- The error should be fixed by now. If not, then proceed to the next solution
5th Solution: Renaming the ADR file
Just like the.ND and . TLG files, you should consider the option of renaming the ADR file as well. Proceed as follows:
- In the beginning, you need to access the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Therein, search for the most recent ADR file in the folder.
- After locating the file, right-click it and rename the file with the ADR extension.
You may also read : How a White Label SEO becomes Successful?
This article contained all the necessary information that is important for users for troubleshooting QuickBooks error 6147. Just in case you find any impedance while following these solutions, then, in that case, call our QuickBooks technical support team for help at 1-800-761-1787.